A Stockman’s Picnic: Full-day Ride & Lunch
This is our ultimate day ride experience, for those who want to explore the Alpine National Park in true stockman style. Upon arriving at Spring Spur, you’ll be introduced to your beautiful mountain-bred horse; carefully selected to suit your riding ability and experience. Once in the saddle, you’ll head out the gate and traverse the valley with one of our experienced guides – there to assist with your riding and share stories of the surrounding areas. You’ll spend the day exploring the Alpine National Park, with oppourtunities to visit places that none of our other rides go. Take a break from the saddle to enjoy a home-prepared bush picnic and a billy brew on the open fire. There’s time for an afternoon snooze under the eucalypts if you choose, before spending the afternoon descending back to the welcoming surroundings of Spring Spur.
The ride details
- Must be 8 years and over
- Must be under 95kg
- Well suited to all riding abilities
- Pre-ride demonstration and on-ride tuition included
- Oppourtunities to trot and canter
- Helmets, boots, saddle-bags, and oilskins provided
The lunch details
- Home-cooked, with fresh produce from our kitchen garden
- Local selection of beer, wine, and soft drinks
- Cooked by our family and shared with you
- Catering to dietary requirements available with prior notice
Tuckered out after a day exploring the bush? Spend the night.